- Collaboration and partnership with the outside community is the key to building a thriving economy.
- Abu Dhabi is focused on diversifying its economy through investments in manufacturing, trade, logistics, SMEs, and IPO funds.
- ADGM Authority launched the first virtual asset framework globally and is working with Hub71 to launch the Hub71+ Digital Assets program. This shows a commitment to innovation and the adoption of new technologies.
- The Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development focuses on SMEs and IPO funds, recognizing their importance in building a sustainable economy.
- The panelists highlighted the importance of creating a welcoming environment for people coming to Abu Dhabi and the region's tolerance, agility, and progressiveness.
Abu Dhabi is aiming to create a falcon economy where everyone soars together, according to panelists at a marketplace session. The initiative, which began as a dream, is now a platform with a roadmap, said H.E. Sameh Al Qubaisi, director general of economic affairs at the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development and board member of Wio Bank. Key to the project is working with the outside community, not in silos, said Al Qubaisi.
Dhaher bin Dhaher Al Mheiri, CEO of ADGM Authority, said the gateway to people is through working closely with the outside community to ensure that products and services are delivered correctly. The Abu Dhabi Investment Office’s acting director general, H.E. Eng. Abdulla Abdul Aziz Al Shamsi said partnerships are essential for long-term growth.
Hub71's value proposition is its role as an enabler, said Ahmad Alwan, deputy CEO of Hub71. There is no value proposition the company cannot consider, he said.
Abu Dhabi’s government is pleased with its resources and infrastructure, such as schools and museums, said Al Qubaisi. The focus is now on the next steps. The region is tolerant, agile, and progressive. He added that the key is to ensure that people feel at home in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi is concentrating on manufacturing, trade, and logistics to diversify, said Al Qubaisi. SMEs and IPO funds are two of the city’s main focus areas. Dhaher bin Dhaher Al Mheiri said ADGM is a registrar, regulator, and co-creator, and virtual assets are an area of focus. Al Shamsi said the Abu Dhabi Investment Office acts as a public-private partnership for the government while derisking the credit and opening up investments to the private sector.
The panelists emphasized the importance of working together and partnerships and providing enabling functions to allow stakeholders to participate in the Abu Dhabi economy.