- The UAE national rail network is expected to have an economic impact of 200 billion AED by 2050. It will contribute to net zero, connecting the UAE to neighboring countries with significant social and economic opportunities.
- Mubadala invests in the world's most promising and challenging sectors, and the organization's leaders stress the importance of collaboration and disruption in accelerating solutions to urgent problems.
- The UAE is committed to investing in the energy transition and is now growing faster than nearly any country, with Mubadala investing in renewable energy projects in over 50 countries.
- The country recognizes the existential threat of climate change and aims to ensure a sustainable future for future generations.
- Success in the UAE comes from prioritizing health, learning, and skills, attracting global talent to its shores, embracing forward-thinking dispositions, and putting people first.
H.E. Khaldoon Al Mubarak, Managing Director & Group CEO of Mubadala, delivered an inspiring speech during the Intervention session at Investopia 2023. In his remarks, he emphasized the importance of preparing for a rapidly changing world and the need for collective action to address global challenges.
As a crossroad between East and West, the UAE is committed to fostering collaboration in an increasingly multipolar world. Mubadala, a strategic investment company, invests in the world's most promising and challenging sectors. Their investments have contributed to renewable energy, AI, and finance progress. Investment agreements with France, India, and Israel exemplify how the UAE drives progress in a challenging time.
The UAE national rail network is expected to have an economic impact of 200 billion AED by 2050. It will contribute to net zero while also connecting the UAE to neighboring countries with significant social and economic opportunities. The launch of the second UAE astronaut also demonstrates the country's commitment to innovation and progress.
H.E. Khaldoon emphasized the importance of collaboration in driving progress, a lesson reinforced during the pandemic. Disruption can accelerate finding solutions to urgent problems, and the UAE has invested in the energy transition to mitigate the risk of reliance on a single commodity to drive growth.
The UAE is growing faster than any country, with Mubadala consistently investing in renewable energy. They have become the home of the national renewable energy HQ and have projects in over 50 countries generating renewable energy worldwide. Cop 28 is a conversation that comes at a very political time on the planet, and CC is an existential threat to all of us. Therefore, it is crucial to act to ensure a sustainable future for our children and grandchildren.
Creating opportunities for people is everything, and the UAE has made significant progress in this area. In a country that is only 52 years old, the government has prioritized health, learning, skills, and attracting global talent to its shores. The success of the business community and the resourcefulness of investors in the UAE give H.E. Khaldoon great optimism for the future.
In conclusion, the Intervention session by H.E. Khaldoon Al Mubarak was a reminder of the importance of collective action and collaboration in driving progress. The UAE's commitment to investing in renewable energy and other promising sectors is an example for the rest of the world. By putting people first, the UAE has achieved remarkable success relatively quickly. Investopedia will continue to be a catalyst for ideas and a driver for action for all those who attend.